Monday, March 28, 2005

For the First Time I cry in Dili

For the first time I cry in Dili
Those reports
Those reports make me cry
Report about the cruelty of my own people
About the cruelty of my proud army

Then I turn to a pale Times magazine
Still I found the same thing
Iraqis children cry after GIs killed their parents, who didn’t heed warning shots
No one cry like a children cry for losing their parents
A young girl cries with blood in her face
She might just had hold his dead parent
While a young boy lean on to the wall with scare face
too frighten to cry
Every time I see children, I saw the face of my nephews

I turn to another magazine, Tempo
There is Munir’s daughter
Stare at the picture of her father

Then slowly Bono came with Peace on Earth..
Heaven on earth
We need it now
We sick of all of this
Hanging around
Sick of sorrow
Sick of hearing again and again
That’s there gonna be peace on earth

Every time you open the newspaper
Every time you turn the page of the magazine
Every time you turn on the TV or radio

Remember the face of your children
Hear the voice of your neighbours
Listen to the story of your sister and brother

No comments: